I will warn you in this first sentence: do not come to the blog of a doc to find hot tips on health and beauty products. We have no hot hidden secrets that you covet. You don't want to know what I know: very little will help maintain health and beauty that you don't already have, with the exception of my final item.
1. Redken FreshCurls anti-frizz shampoo: I found this product line last year because of my new wonderful hair cutter lady. Redken is reasonably priced, and does what it says it does. Have you ever used products, only to find they substitute one undesirable part of your self to another undesirable attribute? I tried SunSilk anti-flat shampoo. It battled flat by making frizz. Fail.
2. Redken FreshCurls antifrizz: Marvelous product. I have silky, curly hair all seasons, instead of frizz. The steelwool look has not been a good one for me.
3. Got Soap goats milk soap (unscented): Great shower and face soap. I learned of this through Claudia.
4. Emery board: The big one from Seph*ra. Four different gauges. I will include cuticle clippers, also from Seph*ra: Work, winter, gardening, spinning, cleaning, all very hard on hands. These help cure the splits.
5. Burt's bees lip balm, pomegranite: Nice for slowing down moisture loss, another four seasons product.
6. Agraria body wash: I make each bottle last for years. (It is more expensive than I deem appropriate for something you wash down a drain.) But I love the bitter orange smell.
7. Bliss cuticle smoother: Hands in Cal-Stat 400x per day. My poor cuticles.
8. Zoya nail products: Love the idea that these have no formaldehyde sitting on my nails for days, absorbing slowly, and helping cause....what? autoimmune disease? cancer? No data, but chronic exposure of anything is just not a good idea. That is one of the reasons I don't use lipstick daily. See, I told you that you wouldn't want to read this.
9. Neo baci ointment: make sure no skin dings progress to ugly, nasty, potentially life changing infections.
10. My Concept2 rower (substitute any other aerobic exercise in here): There is little data to show that any of the OTC creams, rejuvenators, nostrums, balms, ointments, or peels will do anything other than make you feel good that you think you are doing something for yourself. Get to the real deal, and add aerobic exercise to your week.
Improves blood flow to the face. Makes the body look better. Improves your health so you have more energy. Makes your brain act younger. You would spend money for a cream or pill that did that, yes? Then just spend 30 minutes 4-5x per week.
End of sermon.
Mr. E put my feet to the fire to get some of my FOs posted. Judy of BallandSkein had a merino/cashmere/nylon blend (Sophia) in colorway Oceania that came home with me from Connecticut Sheep and Wool, 2010. It was my first MCN blend. I'm hooked.
Pattern: usual st st, heel flap, cuff down, kitchenered toe
Needles: Crystal Palace 1.5 dpns
Yarn: Ball and Skein Sophia, colorway Oceania