The Prompt-A-Day whispers to me that yesterday should have been First Snow rather than Pie. A dusting that frosted brown leaves woke up to the cold sun this morning.
I was surprised, even relieved, to hear that commenting others struggle with pie crusts, also.
Some random thoughts, yes, whisper across my inner screens:
1. No matter how in shape I get, exercise still sucks. But I will still do it.
2. My shopping for Turkey Day is well in hand. That can only mean something dreadful will go wrong.
3. The winter storm prediction has tamed to rain and wind for Wednesday.
4. Thanksgiving Day will barely break 32 degrees. We will have a nice fire in the fireplace. The porch will serve as auxillary refrigerator space. That helps for things like bubbly water and white wine. It becomes REALLY useful when stuff needs to cool quickly before going into the refrigerator. That means the refrigerator won't have to work as hard, and guests will not be poisoned.
5. If I hear the combo word that the media has devised to label the confluence of turkey and Hanukkah ONE MORE TIME, I will cry. It is stupid. Thank G-D I don't have to hear it for another 74,000 years.
6. I made the beef/barley/vegetable soup that I learned in the cooking class yesterday. It is a winner. The keys are fond, London Broil, patience for browning meat and sauteing the vegetables,, and a finish of red wine vinegar at the end for brightness.
7. Fall cleanup happened via the lawn guys today. Within four hours, the lawn was littered with leaves again. Le sigh.
8. The three needle bindoff to make the purl bump on the hat is taking forever. I started it inside out. One could interpret the instructions that way. After some origami style folding that demonstrated the correct way to approach it, I reversed the bindoff. It looks better. Maybe. This is one weird pattern.
9. I may knit Aruba next. I have enough yarn for the large version. It is stash diving.
Beef/barley/vegetable soup (suitable for both Hunters AND Farmers) -