Carole's Ten on Tuesday is 10 musicians you would bring back from the dead.
1. Janis Joplin: Oh LORD won't you buy me a Mercedes Benzzzzzz.
2. Freddy Mercurey: Completely missed him the first time around. Had something to do with studying and passing exams. Terry C linked to the LiveAid performance. Ohhhhhhhh. Please bring him back.
3. Beethoven: Even stone cold deaf, he was one for the ages. I am glad that human culture agrees, and has preserved what he did.
4. Jim Morrison: Another one gone too soon. So much genius, and such a stunning bass.
5. Mozart: Oh man, infectious disease was a bitch. Such happy music.
6. Louis Armstrong: For my husband. And now me. That rasp.
7. Laura Nyro: Of all the mid 20th century female troubadours, she was the best.
8. Leonard Bernstein: More genius. Not taken early, but still.
9,10,11. The three members of the Outlaws band that are gone.. The remaining two aren't enough. They were even better in person. Rock on. This might be the genesis of my current abiding love for HomeFreeVocalBand.