Ten on Wednesday: Ten Things I Did in November That Were Either Great or Hurt a Lot
Don't get excited. This is just Ten on Tuesday.
1. Participated in and finished NaBloPoMo. Res ipsa loquitor.
2. Planned, shopped, cooked, hosted Thanksgiving for 15 (5 more than the table holds, 3 more than my prior personal best.)
3. Became Acting Director of my unit. (Director is on maternity leave, so there is an end in sight.)
4. Put together a presentation on wine tasting for the residents. I had selected wines throughout the year. This was the PowerPoint thing, that tied together the wine themes, and educated a bit about wine tasting. (I did not use the word "cherries" or "minerality" once during the talk.)
5. Mentored a resident putting together a presentation for the Board Review course, and participated in the presentation as the "expert".
6. Cleared the deck plants, and helped store everything in the garage. Thank dog for Mr. Etherknitter's muscles.
7. Gave my monthly lecture to the residents in clinic on preop preparation for a specific technique. No PowerPoint (per their request), I use a paper "whiteboard" to construct the talk each month.
8. Bought (in two places), wrapped two shower presents (same shower), found a card (third place, as you know from November's post) and went to the shower. Did my own Uber car for the first time. It sure beat trying to find a place to park in a skeezy neighborhood ("up and coming") and then trying to calm my heart while walking in same.
9. Accomplished the usual errands: haircut, furnace tuneup, etc. (That etc covers a fair amount of ground that we are not discussing.)
10. Started the Concept2 100,000 meter rowing challenge. Such pain, but at the end of 100k meters, I am in SHAPE. I also started a weekly yoga class. As always, I cannot believe I don't do yoga every single day.
#7 and #9 were not earthshaking. The rest took up a stunning amount of time, and now November is over, which I think was Carole's point in the first place.
Wednesday, December 02, 2015 at 09:24 AM|Permalink