1. I am tired of being sick. The virus started late last week. Meticulous care (sleep, Vitamin C 1000mg BID, hydration, decrease stress by deep breathing) made it go away in 24 hours. I was astonished. Thrilled. Look at me! I can control the virus! Then it came back with a vengence yesterday. Wha??? It lives where in my body with no symptoms for three days?
2. I am knitting only mindless things. That predated my cold. I cannot seem to strike a balance between mindless and impossible. I have never been a highwire knitter.
3. I am learning to appreciate every day. To cope with adversity, I have learned some tools to ground me in the moment - breathing, meditation, yoga. They really work. And you know what I see every.single.day at work. I keep thinking, "that isn't me....yet". Ever wonder what it is that will eventually get you? I do.
4. I am on a yarn diet. It has been 46 days since I have bought yarn.
5. I am joining the Raveldacted Renegade Games team BokBokMF for the Olympics. I hope you are not shocked. It means I can knit anything I want, make my own rules, and swear ad lib.
6. I am tired of snowstorms that mess up my commute, but I am not tired of winter. Today, I lifted my face to the snowflakes, and smiled. I could feel pinpoints of icy fire where they melted on my cheeks.
7. I am in the middle of warping a handspun Jacob 2ply sample for a blanket. Lynn suggested that I see how it came out in a chosen pattern, so I could decide how to spin the rest. But I am going to spin it from BFL/churro. Oh well. I will learn something, get a small warp done, and see what handspun does on the loom.
8. I am trying systems that help organize a complex and befuddled life. This is the latest iteration of lists. It is very good at tracking many things in telegraphic form. I like it.
9. I am having fun teaching the residents how to read EKGs. Willem Einthoven got a Nobel prize in the early 1900s for figuring out the electrical axes of the heart. He created a string galvanometer. It is amazing to me that an ancient technology like this, inexact as it is, stays relevant.
10. I am tired. I will turn out the light and go to sleep.