1. No bugs. No yardwork. Undivided attention to fibery pursuits.
2. Great food. I am on a short rib/hearty stew tear right now.
4. No 90 degree days, 90% humidity torments.
5. Knitting with wool is possible, desirable, functional.
6. Wearing the knits is warm, cozy, a full circle kind of experience.
7. Red wine is a reasonable choice.
9. Cozy husband snuggling.
10. Landscapes. Spare. Revealed. Monochromes.
This video was caught today, driving by trees. Mr. E stopped the car to watch a large hawk. The big bird suddenly had company. Another hawk flew at him, and they danced in the air. Hawk #1 landed on a branch, while Hawk #2 dangled below him, hanging onto a slender ex-rodent that was also clenched in Hawk #1's talons. Neither would let go, until the dangling hawk evidently outweighed the grip of the branch hawk, and flew away with his pilfered lunch. It was amazing, and something that leaves would have hidden.