1. Went food shopping. There is satisfaction in shopping for good food, for good meals.
2. Went to a local farmstand. He promised Northern Spy apples, and delivered on the promise. These are New England heirlooms. They are impossible to find. The rumor is that they make the best apple pie possible. I will let you know.
3. Measured a friend for her CustomFit sweater pattern.
4. Made up a bulgur recipe. While I had my tea in hand on Saturday morning, I looked around for a recipe. When evening approached, I desperately tried to remember what cooking magazine had produced the magic ingredients that we had shopped for.
These things drive me mad. So I made up a recipe instead: bulgur, shallots, corn, mixed mushrooms, salt, pepper, in oil. THEN I found the recipe in The Cook and the Gardener. The recipe was derivative, and delicious.
5. Paid bills.
6. I finished a knit gift. Must block. Knit Night, with unbeaded picot edge, half-beaded eyelet finish. I liked the yarn so much, that I bought more at Plucky's update yesterday. (Bello, 55% merino, 45% cashmere, so soft.)
7. Watched another episode of DeepSpaceNine on HuluPlus. I am almost at the end of the last season. I am already in mourning. I will miss those people.
What? Just actors? Not possible. *ican'tHEARyou*
8. Opened a nice bottle of wine. My favorite wine guy just retired. Several years ago I was in the store picking up some stuff. He walked over, handed me the bottle, said, "Buy this." He was right. I am sad that he retired.
9. Sweated the Red Sox twice. This has been harder than I anticipated.
10. Exercised. So much easier to exercise more often if each day is not an internal debate. The assumption is that it WILL be done. Then it just gets done.
Rhinebeck is almost here. Four sleeps til I jump onto the Webs bus for a daytrip. I can almost already taste the apple crisp with caramel....