1. Take slow deep breaths. It really works. Yoga works the same way. Cool down that adrenalin.
2. Go to the farmstand and buy freshly harvested vegetables. All that potential! It is healthy and even tastes good!
3. Deadhead the flowers on the deck. Cut some herbs.
4. Drink a glass of nice wine. Just a glass.
5 Knit on something that is going well. If it stops going well, put it down and walk away.
6. Watch WhereTheHellIsMatt's 2008 video, or Susan Boyle's Britain's Got Talent audition. Both are on Youtube, both are viral, so no link supplied. I'm lazy.
7. Hug Mr. Etherknitter.
8. Watch the deck critters. Our favorite summer corn recipe requires cutting it off the cob. Mr. E leaves the cobs on the deck, and this is what happens next. (I eliminate the cumin, sub out different herbs, add diced zukes/peppers, and switch the butter to olive oil.)
9. Do at least 20 minutes of aerobic exercise. Lots of study data to support this one.
10. Get yarn in the mail. Or fiber. Artfibers moved from San Francisco to Pinole, CA. They are doing yarntasting by mail. I could not resist the August installment. $10 includes postage, and 15 yards x 6 yarns. The website has six lace patterns for the August yarns. Yum!